Beatrixlaan 6, Warmond
Spacious detached house by a waterway on a uniquely situated plot
A number of characteristics turn this detached house into the ideal family home, such as:
- the living space of no less than 250 m2 (excl. garage and storage attic).
- the fact that one can dock a sloop or ship by one´s own backyard, with a direct connection to the Kaag lake nearby, as well as the possibility to sail right into Leiden.
- the extra room on the ground floor, with a full bathroom and its own separate entrance; which is ideally suited for living in a single level accommodation, or for office or practice space, enabling working from home.
- the beautiful, sunny garden all around the house with maximum privacy. A broad driveway for multiple cars, various terraces, the aforementioned (mooring) dock by the water and the hot tub which is fuelled by wood. There´s something there for everyone!
- the garden can be closed off using an electrically operated gate and a separate entry for bicycles. The drive also features its own electric charging station for a car.
- last but not least, the excellent location at the edge of the village, a short road towards the A44 motorway, with at the back a view towards the ‘Huys te Warmond’ estate, a short way to walk or cycle to the Warmond shops and hospitality, plus a 5-minute bicycle ride to the railway station of Warmond/Sassenheim. This region is loved by expats.
The house was built in 1965 as a mayoral residence and has since been adjusted to meet current requirements several times. Between 2007 and this year the current owners have improved, added and replaced many things around the house, such as a skylight, paintwork all around, an extra bedroom, a new central heating boiler (2010), the renewal of the utility closet and the creation under architecture of the dock and the garden. By placing multiple skylights it is possible to create even more (bed-)rooms on the first floor, if desired.
Layout: entrance, utility closet, wide hallway with two fixed closets, a pantry with fixtures for a washer and a dryer, a toilet with a washbasin. A spacious and airy office at the side where the entrance is, a cosy family room at the front; this is a separate room which currently serves as a second living room. An open plan kitchen at the back of the house, which is equipped with the usual devices. A set of sliding doors gives access to the garden and a sunny terrace. The living room is at the front. It features a cosy fireplace and offers a view of the beautifully landscaped garden. The big windows create a pleasant light and offer a view of the green featured in the woods and the garden.
Via a sheltered corridor, or its separate entrance, the aforementioned extra (bed-)room is accessible. It features its own en-suite bathroom, equipped with a shower, toilet, bidet and washbasin. Next to this room, at the end of the drive, you will find the garage, which is equipped with a tilting door and passage. The garage gives access to the very spacious storage attic.
First floor: landing, bathroom equipped with bath, shower unit, toilet and double set of washbasins. A spacious storage area can also be accessed from this landing. It contains the central heating installation. Furthermore, this floor contains three spacious bedrooms containing a lot of closet and storage space. The master bedroom also features a small balcony.
All in all this is a very appealing detached house for those who are looking for privacy, both inside and outside the home.